How To Play
1. CREATE A NEW USER ACCOUNT
EpicDuel requires using a Battleon Games Master Account to play, Sign Up Now. The master account links all your Artix Entertainment games together. See Character Creation page if you need any help creating your Battleon Games Master Account or an EpicDuel character.
2. STARTING THE GAME
To start EpicDuel, click "Play Now" button to access the game client. EpicDuel can be played in your web-browser for free with no download and no installation.
The only requirement is the Adobe Flash Player 9 browser plugin. If you do not have the latest plugin, you can get itfor free.
When the game client opens, enter your username and password in the fields and click the "Login" button to begin.
3. CREATING A CHARACTER
Once logged in, you will be prompted to create a new character. EpicDuel offers three unique starting character classes:
- Bounty Hunter - a balanced class, most effective with wrist blades.
- Mercenary - a stronger but slower class most effective with clubs.
- Tech Mage - a class skilled in technology and effective with staffs.
To create a new character, you will have to select a class, a gender, and a unique name, which can be up to 20 characters long. You can also customize the color of your character and choose one of the 10 hairstyles. Once satisfied with the changes, click "Create Character" button to complete the character creation process.
Once the character creation is completed successfully you will be entered into the EpicDuel's unique world known as Delta V.
4. EXPLORING DELTA V
To move your character around the world, left-click the mouse at the destination where you would like your character move.
The world is designed as a series of screens each with several interactive hotspots. As you move your mouse over hotspots and near edges of the screen, you'll notice your cursor change to a directional arrow. This arrow indicates that you have encountered a hotspot and can move your character to the nearby area by left-clicking on the hotspot.
In addition to hotspots, you will also encounter several non-player characters (NPCs). NPCs drive the storyline of the game, offer missions, can be challenged and sell items. Be sure to click on each NPC you encounter to learn more about the game and discover the best weapons.
5. THE CONTROL PANEL
When you first login to EpicDuel, you will notice several interface controls at the bottom of the screen. These controls include:
- Character Skills and Stats: Shows your character's current Details, Skill Tree, and Stats. Your Character Webpage and Legendary Stats (for players that are level 40) can be accessed from here.
- Chat Field: This is where you can type in to submit messages to players that are in the same room as you. Messages can be sent by pressing the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
- Find Solo Battle: Sends you into a one on one match with another player. Your opponents level will be within 5 levels of your character's current level.
- Find Team Battle: Sends you into a two on two match with three other players. Your opponents' combined levels will be within 6 levels of your character's current level and your partner's current level combined. Players level 10-34 also have a chance of entering a Juggernaut fight.
- Find Juggernaut Battle: Sends you into a one on two match where the you fight two players who are 6 to 10 levels below your character's current level. You are required to have a Gold Skull Card or a Silver Skull Card to enter a Juggernaut battle.
- Chat Log: Stores all previous messages up to a certain amount of lines.
- Buddy List: Stores all of your friends, up to 100 friends maximum. Players start out with 10. Having a player on your buddy list allows you to locate where they are, jump to them and link them as an ally to defeat 2vs1 Bosses.
- Missions: Contains information on the mission you are currently on. It allows you to jump to the NPC where the mission started and to abort the mission. You may only have one mission in progress at any one time.
- Inventory: Stores all your items and equipment. You may increase your inventory slots up to 100 slots, all characters start with 30 slots. You are also able to view the amount of currency you have from here.
- World Map: Brings up the world map of Delta V. You can see where you are on Delta V and you can jump locations by clicking on them, save/clear your starting location, check your current location and world and change worlds. If a world has too many players at one time, you will be unable to join.
- Faction: Brings up your faction's stats if you are currently in a faction. If your character is not in a faction, you will be brought to the Faction Creator.
- Homes: Brings up the EpicDuel Real Estate Manager. Here you can browse and visit your houses, buy new houses or visit someone else's house. You can also manage who has permission to enter your home/s from here. Each player can claim the Fortune City Efficiency and Basic BankBot.
- Leaderboard: Brings up the leaderboards. There are currently 19 leaderboards, which include leaderboards for most battles won, faction related competitions, personal influence, inventory rarity, and fame. There are 2 counterparts for most leaderboards, an all-time one and a daily one.
- Mailbox: Messages from ED Staff and other players can be sent to you here. You can also compose mail messages to send to players on your buddy list or in your faction. The "Whats New?" page can also be opened from here.
- Upgrade Shop: Opens the Upgrade Shop, where you can purchase Varium. This shop offers some utility services such as boosts, increasing the amount of inventory and buddy slots you have, customize your character, retrain, and redeem a prize code. The Item Finder can also be accessed from here.
- Settings: Opens up the settings for the game. Here you can select when graphics quality you want to play the game on, how smooth/fast the battle animations are, change servers, select a language, and there are also some toggle options. Your settings are saved for the next time you log in, but are reset every new release.
6. CHARACTER STATISTICS
When beginning to play EpicDuel, players should familiarize themselves with their character's statistics. To view your stats and skills, click on the circular orb to the right of your character's health and energy bars in the lower-left corner of the screen.
You'll be taken to the character stat menu. On the left side of the screen, you will find several attributes that affect the game play. On the right side, you will see your character's unique skill tree.
The attributes listed below improve your character's performance in different ways. Roll your mouse over each attribute in the stats screen to view a brief description of how it affects the game play. There are 6 primary attributes that you can invest points in every time you level up. These attributes are listed below:
- Health - Your life force; when you reach zero health, your character is knocked out.
- Energy - Energy is needed in order to perform most skills and skill cores.
- Strength - Increases base damage of primary weapons and sidearms (guns), also enhances certain skills.
- Dexterity - Increases physical defense and block chance, also enhances certain skills.
- Technology - Increases energy resistance, ranged deflection chance, and robot damage, also enhances certain skills.
- Support - Increases auxiliary damage, first strike chance, critical chance, rage gain, and reduces chance to be stunned, also enhances certain skills.
There are also other stats that are affected by these primary attributes. These are:
- Focus - Improves robot damage through certain levels of even distribution of stat points.
Your character's unique skill tree is found on the right side of the stats menu. Each character class has a unique skill tree and can learn 12 unique skills. Skills are special abilities that your character can use while in battle. Roll your mouse over each skill icon to discover all of the abilities your character can eventually learn.
New players begin with three skills. You'll notice that the number "1" appears in the lower right corner of each skill icon in your character's first row of the skill tree. The number indicates the current level of each skill your character has. If an icon is black and white, and it does not display the level number in the lower-right corner, your character does not yet have this skill.
Skills usually require energy to be used and often have requirements.
When you begin playing EpicDuel, you'll notice "Experience 0 / 40" in your stats menu. The numerator "0" indicates the experience you currently have, and the denominator "40" indicates the experience you need in order to reach the next level or legendary rank. To earn experience, your character must compete against other players or NPCs in battle.
Your character will earn experience even if you lose a battle as long as you remain until the conclusion of the battle. If you leave for any reason before the battle completes, you will earn no experience.
Special Experience Boosters, which double your experience rewards, can be purchased in the Upgrade Shop.
As you earn experience, your character will reach higher levels. There are two ways to determine how much experience you need to reach the next level:
- Click the "View Stats and Skills" button in the lower-left corner to view the "Experience" field.
- Look at the "View Stats and Skills" button, once the yellow color fills the orb, you have a level up available.
The "View Stats and Skills" button will say "Lvl+" when a level up is available for your character. To apply the level up, click on the "View Stats and Skills" button, and allocate the attribute points and skill points to the areas you wish to improve. When you're ready, click the "Level Up" button to apply the change.
Note: How you allocate your attribute and skill points is very important to how your character will perform in battle.
Credits are the main currency on Delta V. Players require credits to purchase armors, robots, weapons, items, and improve their characters. Players earn credits by dueling, completing missions and playing during special events.
Varium is EpicDuel's premium currency. Varium can be purchased in-game using Artix Points. Varium can be used as a shortcut to purchase items faster and to unlock exciting additional features.
11. CHATTING / ACTIONS
EpicDuel allows your character to chat in real-time with other users. To send a chat message, type your message into the chat field on the control bar at bottom of the screen. To send your message, press the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
Your character also has a collection of actions he or she can perform that will be seen by any users in the nearby vicinity. These include actions: /dance, /jump, /kick, /point, /wave, /bow and many more!
Note: Because the EpicDuel community is comprised of players of all ages, we enforce a strict zero-tolerance policy for foul language, sexually explicit chat, public solicitation, or any other form of abuse. Messages containing bad words are prohibited, and players attempting to abuse the system risk having their chat privileges permanently removed. Additionally, be advised that all chat messages are logged and are subject to review by our team.
Your character can carry several weapons, items, and collectibles as they explore the EpicDuel world. To view your inventory, click the "Inventory" button in the control panel at the bottom of the screen. If you're unsure which button is which, just roll your mouse over each icon to see a tool tip that says what each button does.
When the inventory menu opens, your character's inventory appears on the right side of the screen. Character statistics are displayed along with your inventory so you can see how each item affects your character as it is equipped.
If you are just starting out, your character comes pre-equipped with a basic weapon and armor by default. To find more weapons, armors, and equipment, you will need to chat with any of the merchants found across the map and purchase them with credits or varium. To improve your current weapons and armor, you must upgrade them by clicking the arrow to the right of the skill core slots.
Your character can purchase and find several items while playing EpicDuel. By clicking the "Inventory" button on the main interface, you can see everything your character is carrying. The following is a list of the different types of items in EpicDuel:
- Wrist Blade
- Skill Core
- Miscellaneous Item
The upper box on the right side of the inventory screen provides several details about the currently selected weapon. Items can be updated to your current level by using credits or varium. The weapons can be improved with skill core.
Skill Cores are special attacks that usually require energy to be used. They are often only usable once per battle.
14. FIND BATTLE
Player vs. Player (PvP) battle is the primary focus of EpicDuel. Our unique turn-based battle engines automatically matches your character with up to three other players in EpicDuel. To quickly find a battle, click the the "Find Solo Battle" button, "Find Solo Battle", "Find Juggernaut Battle" button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Your character must have a primary weapon equipped in order to enter a battle.
15. CHALLENGE BATTLE
Players can challenge other specific players directly. To challenge another player, click on the character you would like to challenge on any regular map screen. The selected character panel will appear showing you the character's health, energy, and stats. Above in menu you will find the "Challenge" button. Click "Challenge" to send a challenge request to the selected player. If the other player accepts your challenge, you will be taken to the battle engine in a 1vs1 match with the selected character. Challenge battles do not count towards your battle record and do not reward credits or experience.
16. THE BATTLE ENGINE
A battle will begin when the system finds an appropriate match for your character in the auto-match engine, or if you have challenged another user, the battle will begin when the other player accepts your challenge.
In auto-matched battles, the computer will balance them teams in the most fair way possible based on the level of the characters in battle.
The EpicDuel battle engine is turn-based, meaning that players take turns issuing battle commands. When it is your turn, you will have 15 seconds to perform an action. This system creates an element of strategy and timing as players must balance when to use their skills and which enemies to attack given their limited energy supply.
On your turn you have a few options:
- Strike - performs a basic attack using your currently equipped weapon (consumes NO energy). This attack can be blocked.
- Fire Sidearm / Fire Auxiliary - fires your currently equipped Gun or Auxiliary, performing an unblockable attack (consumes NO energy). These attacks can be deflected.
- Skill - click on any skill icon to use the skill (consumes energy based on the value listed in the skill details menu).
- Skill Core - click on any skill core icon to use the skill core (consumes energy based on the value listed in the skill core description).